Roselyne de Lestrange is an architect and landscape designer. She worked as a project leader in public administrations and private offices, in France, Belgium and Argentina. She collaborates with Université Catholique de Louvain both as a teacher and a researcher. Her research interests are landscape, systemic design approaches and coproduction processes in urbanism.
Open spaces matrix as a metropolitan infrastructure. With the territorialist methodology and landscape ecology tools, the research analyzes the grain of the Brussels metropolitan territory, and the integrative dynamics locally valuing its neoecosystemic resources. Then it crosses thoses topics, seeking for systems of spatial arrangement and related practices able to set the open space matrix as a hole, and the blue and green networks more specifically, as carrying structures for the metropolitan development. Then, from an ecosystemic design approach wich includes co-design with skateholders, a research by design process explores possibilities for some of the ERDF projects 2014-2020 to strenghten this potential.
Topics: urban ecology
Tel.: +32 (0)474 57 7866
To know more about Roselyne's contribution in the framework of Metrolab:
- Enquête sur une biorégion bruxelloise par le paysage ou prémices d'un observatoire citoyen du paysage métropolitain
- MasterClass working group’s scientific mission in the United States
- Cycle "Ecologies urbaines : pratiques et politiques d’alimentation"
- Research seminars cycle "Ecological Urbanism"
- Ateliers cartographiques autour du projet Abbaye
- Cellule interdisciplinaire Abbaye de Forest
- Cellule interdisciplinaire Drohme
- Research seminars cycle "Urbanisme et Paysage"
- Research seminar "Ville Territoire Paysage" | ENSAV-Lille
- Evening lecture: "Des communs aux transports"
- MLB - LOCI team participated in APERAU 2016
- PhD défense: Roselyne de Lestrange. Le paysage comme matrice de la fabrique du territoire
- Metrolab BrabantSZenne. The previous living-lab experience