Marine is an urbanist and art historian. She practiced as an exhibitions manager. Her interests in urban practices, historical dynamics, local development strategies, cartography and graphic design drove her to follow an urbanism master program in order to endeavour understanding the role of design and visual representations in a changing society.
Marine conducts a research on the territories of Brussels economic activities, which investigates through historical analysis and prospective design the potential to reconcile habitat and economic activity – living and working – at the heart of the metropolis. It aims to question the concepts of functional and social mixité and to survey the uses and practices of space by those who actually make the built and unbuilt environment but are mostly relegated to the margins of Brussels territory. This research seizes the redevelopment of the Canal as an opportunity to reverse this trend and articulate the tension between productive, residential and collaborative economies.
Tel.: +32 (0)472 55 90 72
To know more about Marine's contribution in the framework of Metrolab:
- Ateliers cartographiques autour du projet Abbaye
- Cellule interdisciplinaire Abbaye de Forest
- Cycle de séminaires de recherche interdisciplinaire "Urban Production"
- Research seminars cycle "Ecological Urbanism"
- City and Production Days
- Study trip and research seminar: « Bruxelles-Montréal en projet »
- ENSAV Lille | Research seminar "Ville Territoire Paysage"
- Research seminars cycle "Urbanisme et Paysage"
- Evening Lecture "Le commun comme phénomène et comme projet"
- Evening lecture: "Des communs aux transports"
- University of Paris 1 for an international workshop: "Bruxelles: les liens ville-canal"
- Metrolab - LOCI team participated in APERAU 2016