From research assistant (urban density and urban fabric typology [2012-2014], new sustainable districts benchmark [2014-2015]) to PhD Student and Professor assistant at the “Strategical Planning” studio (UCL specialized master Urban Design and Territorial Development), Barbara focuses her researches on urban intensity in residential developments through typo-morphological analysis and research-by-design process.
The research considers “existing urban fabric as metropolis manufacturing resource” to face the Brussels metropolitan demographic challenge and the growing demand for new housing and amenities and for quality of the living environment. GIS and typo-morphological analysis tools will be used to describe and map the different types of Brussels urban fabrics into a dynamic atlas. The research-by-design process will afterwards explore potentials for existing urban fabrics transformations towards suitable and adaptative new types of housing. Spatial assessment, emerging issues and results will offer support for the Living Lab implementation with relevant skateholders and inhabitants.
Tel.: +32 (0)472 48 19 13
To know more about Barbara's contribution in the framework of Metrolab:
- La mutabilité spatiale des îlots mixtes du Canal
- Le bâti existant comme ressource de fabrication de la métropole
- Séances de recherche urbaine appliquée "Urban Production"
- Research seminars cycle "Ecological Urbanism"
- Study trip and research seminar: « Bruxelles-Montréal en projet »
- ENSAV Lille | Research seminar "Ville Territoire Paysage"
- Research seminars cycle "Urbanisme et Paysage"
- Evening Lecture "Le commun comme phénomène et comme projet"
- Evening lecture: "Des communs aux transports"
- University of Paris 1 for an international workshop: "Bruxelles: les liens ville-canal"
- MLB - LOCI team participated in APERAU 2016