Pauline Varloteaux (FR) is an architect. She is graduated in 2012 from ENSAP Bordeaux where she was assistant professor in 2011. She has participated in several international workshop in Belgium and Japan and collaborated with renowned offices, among them Bureau Bas Smets in 2010, Studio Secchi-Vigano (in 2012-14) and 51N4E in 2014-15.
Anatomy of Brussels urban projects. This research project focuses on the ERDF (European Regional Development Fund)-funded public infrastructure programme in the Brussels Capital Region, with projects such as a new ‘compact’ slaughterhouse in Anderlecht, a ‘Mediapark’ on the VRT / RTBF site in Schaerbeek, or the ‘Casernes’ project – aiming for an ‘International City’ in Ixelles. By analysing projects design, funding and land ownership mechanisms as well as stakeholders and actors interactions, this research aims to identify their production framework, working under the hypothesis of a Brussels singular (atypical) model of organizing and managing urban projects.
To know more about Pauline's contribution in the framework of Metrolab:
- Anatomie du projet urbain bruxellois | Comité d'accompagnement | Pauline Varloteaux
- Pauline Varloteaux participe au séminaire doctoral « la recherche en architecture aux prises avec la construction du réel »
- Ateliers cartographiques autour de l'Abbaye de Forest
- Cycle de recherche sur la Production Urbaine
- Mission scientifique aux Etats-Unis
- Pauline Varloteaux participe au colloque sur le Grand Paris