After studying sociology at the University of Brussels, Louise Carlier got a PhD in social and political sciences. She has worked on cosmopolitanism and more specifically on the relationship between its urban and political dimensions. She has published different papers and a book on this topic.
The research aims to investigate on different projects of public spaces or equipment. It focuses on spatial and political dimensions: it analyses on one hand, the qualities of accessibility and hospitality in the design of the projects; on the other hand, the public controversies around them. This research looks at the ecological and political forms that support or hinder the public qualities of urban spaces.
Topics: urban inclusion, urban ecology
Tel.: +32 (0)485 62 39 69
To know more about Louise's contribution in the framework of Metrolab:
- Ateliers cartographiques autour du projet Abbaye
- Cellule interdisciplinaire Abbaye de Forest
- Cellule interdisciplinaire Drohme
- Séminaire de recherche et cycle de conférences: "Ville et politique: approches cognitives"
- Atelier d'été "L'Espace de l'écologie humaine: De Chicago à Bruxelles"
- Evening Lecture "Bruxelles complexe"