Ph.D student in sociology at the Center for Interdisciplinary Research Democracy, Institutions, Subjectivity, Catholic University of Louvain. Anticipate grant (Innoviris). Editorial board member of the scientific journals Émulations and Lectures as well as of the review board of Urbanités.
The research investigates the knowledges of the actors who are active on the ground in urban public spaces characterized by encounters and tensions. It will be the understanding of how they try to stimulate the community and the positive feelings of “living together” in Brussels. The works of these actors, who originate from different sectors of public policies (security, sociocultural, participation), are directed to the elaboration of social mediations between the authorities and the population, but also between different populations within the metropolis.
To know more about Lionel's contribution in the framework of Metrolab:
- Colloque "Représenter les territoires" Rouen 22-24 mars
- European Congress of Qualitative Inquiry organisé par la KU Leuven
- Séances de recherche urbaine appliquée "Urban inclusion"
- Atelier d'été "L'Espace de l'écologie humaine: De Chicago à Bruxelles"
- Séminaire de recherche et cycle de conférences: "Ville et politique: approches cognitives"